CareTek Products Return Policy
CareTek is committed to providing our customers with exceptional service and a positive experience. In the event that a return is unavoidable, CareTek is pleased to extend return policies on selected items as offered by our vendor partners. Customers should email their Account Manager or complete our online returns form to initiate a return. Please contact your Account Manager for any additional information.
The return of hardware (including accessories, peripherals, parts), and software products (including software licenses, software as a service, and other cloud computing products) purchased from CareTek (collectively, "Product(s)") is subject to specific manufacturer, supplier, publisher or distributor (each, a “Vendor”) restrictions. CareTek offers a 30 day return policy on most products sold, however some Vendors may provide limited or no returns of Products. If the Vendor accepts returns, Customer must request a Return Merchandise Authorization (“RMA”) number from the CareTek Returns Department within the applicable return period and receive, at CareTek’s discretion, replacement, exchange or a credit against future purchases in an amount equal to the original purchase price for the Product less any applicable restocking fees. If Customer fails to return Product within the applicable return period or if the Product does not meet the criteria outlined in the Return Guidelines, the Product is considered accepted and not returnable.
Returnable Products, if permitted by the Vendor’s return policy:
- Non-Defective Products: Products may be returned within 30 days from the date of invoice if the packaging is unopened and sealed. Non-defective returns may be subject to a restocking fee as determined by the Vendor.
- Defective/DOA Products: Defective/DOA Products may be returned within 30 days from the date of invoice. After 30 days, only the Vendor warranty applies. If Vendors require DOAs to be handled directly through them, CareTek will provide the Vendors contact information to Customer.
- Damaged Products: If a Product arrives damaged, the Customer should refuse to accept delivery from the carrier. If the Customer accepts the delivery, the Customer must make note of the amount and type of damage on the carrier’s delivery record prior to the driver leaving the premises and contact your Account Manager to arrange for carrier inspection and pickup of the damaged Products. If the Customer accepts the Product and does not make note of the damage on the carrier’s delivery record, CareTek reserves the right to deny return requests for such Product. Any Products received damaged must be reported to the CareTek within 24 hours of receipt. Timely receipt of this information is necessary to file a damage claim with the carrier and avoid delays in returns and replacements.
- Order discrepancies: All order discrepancies (shortages, mislabeled product or overages) should be reported to CareTek within 7 days of receipt of shipment.
- RMA Number: All returns must have a valid RMA number to be accepted. If the return meets the Return Guidelines for Returnable Products, Customer may obtain an RMA number by contacting their Account Manager or by completing our online returns form. RMA numbers are valid for 15 business days only. Products authorized for return must be received within this time period at the location identified on the RMA instructions. CareTek reserves the right to refuse any unauthorized returns, including with invalid or expired RMA numbers. RMA numbers cannot be extended or reissued.
- In order to expedite a return, Customers should have the following information available when requesting an RMA number: Customer details, sales order or invoice number, Product details including quantity, part or serial number, and the reason for return.
- Returned Products: All Products authorized to be returned to CareTek must have a valid RMA number written on the return shipping label (not on the box), and must be returned 100% complete with all original packaging including boxes, packing materials, manuals, warranty cards and any additional materials provided by the Vendor. Incomplete Product returns may be subject to a restocking fee as determined by the Vendor.
- Return Shipping Costs: Customer is responsible for shipping charges and risk of loss on all return shipments, except for Defective/DOA or Damaged Product returns. CareTek recommends using a carrier and shipping method that provides proof of delivery and to purchase insurance to cover any loss and damage in transit. CareTek is not responsible for any losses during such return shipment.
Non-Returnable Products include:
- Software, if the original packaging has been opened. For software received electronically, a return will not be granted if the licenses have been installed, activated and/or downloaded.
- Special Order Products
- Custom Configured Orders
- Discontinued Products
- Products for which the Vendor will not accept returns